Real Estate Financial Analyst
We have multiple openings in our Chicago office.
The Analyst will focus primarily on asset management or loan origination. The Asset Management Analyst will focus primarily on monitoring and reporting asset-level performance, including tracking construction progress, administering funding requests, identifying potential issues, and assisting senior members of the team with existing asset business plan development and implementation. The Origination Analyst will focus primarily on understanding how new investments will perform under Prime Finance’s mortgage loan program, assisting with due diligence collection and presenting findings to the Investment Committee for each investment.
- Modeling cash flows and mortgage structures
- Preparing detailed monthly asset management reports or investment memos
- Researching competitive properties and real estate markets to provide asset performance projections based on market conditions, including potential site visits
- Interacting with brokers and Borrowers to effectively identify their acquisition or refinancing strategy, as well as working with third party report providers (engineering/environmental reports, appraisals, etc.) on report completion
- other teams with various reporting requirements
- 0 to 3 years of relevant experience, including real estate, finance, underwriting, asset management
- Experience at a brokerage shop or other lending shop
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Argus)
- Real estate cash flow modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related area preferred
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test