Financial Analyst - Transactions
Prime Residential is a multifamily-focused real estate investment firm founded in 1989, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We have achieved success through disciplined acquisitions, creative capital structures, significant reinvestment, and superior property management. Our goal is to provide high-quality housing communities and to maximize investment success.
Prime’s portfolio contains approximately 17,000 units across 40 properties in California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada. With over 350 corporate and site-level employees, the company focuses significant resources on identifying new acquisition opportunities, making ongoing investments in its existing portfolio, and maintaining its sophisticated in-house property management capabilities.
The Prime Residential team is a nimble, collaborative, highly motivated, and energetic group of professionals. We are looking for a proactive and dedicated person to help grow our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acquisition Analysis: Model and underwrite potential multifamily investment opportunities. This
includes analysis of historical operating information including rent rolls, income statements, offering memoranda, etc., to generate proforma budgets and cash flow projections. Coordinate with in-house property and asset management teams in preparation of proforma.
- Pipeline Management: Manage acquisitions pipeline in Prime’s internal database including organization of marketing materials, relevant dates, broker communications, etc.
- Transaction Management and Due Diligence: Assist in due diligence processes, including coordination with third party consultants, analysis of materials, and comparison to transaction underwriting.
- Investment Memo Preparation: Assist in the preparation and presentation of investment memos to internal approval committee for deals under consideration.
- Market Research: Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market trends in connection with specific investment opportunities and Prime’s overall investment strategy. Gather, maintain and analyze internal database of sales comps, rent comps, and other market data. Prepare presentations for company quarterly and annual meetings.
- Portfolio Analysis: Help create and maintain cash flow models for the portfolio and fund.
- Lender Relations / Administrative Support: Coordinate lender inspections, monitor portfolio
contract renewals/expirations, track property tax bills and appeals.
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in real estate, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience that exhibits in-depth knowledge of net present value, DCF, IRR, and other financial concepts preferred.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, proven multi-tasker with the ability to work well in a team, and individually.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel modeling.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment! Competitive salary, discretionary bonuses, and exceptional benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, 401K, generous company-paid holidays, personal days, vacation, and much more.
At Prime Group, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. Prime Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
LocationSan Francisco, CA