Loan Originations Vice President or Associate
Prime Finance is looking to add a new member to work with our Originations team. Position can be based in either Chicago, IL or Denver, CO. Depending on experience, this position will either be an Associate or a Vice President.
PRIME FINANCE was founded in 2008 and has grown to be one of the nation’s premier private real estate lending organizations. Over the years, Prime Finance has originated over 450 loans totaling over $12 billion on commercial properties in the US. Prime lends on a broad range of property types including office, apartment, hospitality, industrial, retail and student housing. Prime Finance also invests in subordinated CMBS securities referred to as B-Pieces. Our loan and investment originations teams are located in New York, Chicago, Denver, and San Francisco. Investors in the funds the firm manages include many leading public and private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
- 2-7 years of relevant experience, including: real estate, finance, underwriting, asset management, banking
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Argus)
- Real estate cash flow modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related area preferred
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test
- Depending on CDC guidelines and mandates, the company may require attestation of COVID-19 vaccination
The Associate/Vice President will focus primarily on underwriting new investments for Prime Finance’s mortgage loan program as well as assist senior members of the team with due diligence collection and presenting findings to the Investment Committee. Responsibilities will also include:
- Modeling cash flows and mortgage structures to evaluate investment opportunities
- Preparing detailed investment memos
- Researching competitive properties and real estate markets to provide asset performance projections based on market conditions, including potential site visits
- Interacting with brokers and potential Borrowers to effectively identify their acquisition or refinancing strategy, as well as working with third party report providers (engineering/environmental reports, appraisals, etc.) on report completion
- Traveling to properties and participating in marketing trips nationwide
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
At Prime Finance, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.