The Loan Analyst/Accountant should have two+ years’ experience in a senior accounting, loan servicing, or equivalent role preferably within the investment fund industry or the multi-family housing industry. The Loan Analyst/Accountant will interact with and support other accounting staff and members of the management team.
Functions of the position include: The Loan Analyst/Accountant will manage the process of analyzing, collecting, reconciling, and recording the ledger revenues and expenses generated from investments in accordance with GAAP. The position will also assist with the overall management of a real estate debt fund, which includes monthly investments revenue and expense forecast analysis, current gross yield analysis, fund investments profit calculation, cash management, and financial reporting. Duties will consist of interacting with loan servicers, lenders, and property managers, updating investment schedules, recording investment activity to the ledger, recognizing revenue for borrower agreements in accordance with GAAP, performing complex multiple entity allocation journal entries, intercompany elimination journal entries, G/L analysis and preparation for audits, and performing other duties and special ad hoc projects as assigned. The position requires exceptional communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management; and the ability to understand and enter intercompany transactions on a multi-ledger accounting system.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess:
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or related field;
- Minimum of three years accounting experience;
- Experience with a multi ledger accounting system and strong Excel/spreadsheet skills;
- Demonstrated abilities in G/L management and financial reporting; preparing journal entries, G/L analysis, bank reconciliations, budget, and forecast analysis, et al.
- The Company prefers a CPA or CPA candidate with experience in a regional or national U.S. firm.
- Depending on CDC guidelines and mandates, the company may require attestation of COVID-19 vaccination
LocationSan Francisco, CA