Capital Markets Quantitative Analyst
Prime Finance is looking to add a Capital Markets Quantitative Analyst in our New York office. The position will assist the Co-Head of Capital Markets in financial modeling, analytics, structuring, securitization, and transactional support to our Capital Markets team. We are targeting candidates with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, including building Excel-based financial models
- Minimum one year of experience at a rating agency, consulting, lending, or investing platform with capital markets and/or securitized products structuring functions
- Strong quantitative, analytical & technical skills (including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel; basic VBA proficiency is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with Trepp and/or Intex is a plus
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate complex financial results concisely
- Creativity in developing efficient financial models with little to no available frameworks
- Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test
- Depending on CDC guidelines and mandates, company may require attestation of COVID-19 vaccination
- Preparing and presenting asset and fund level cash flow and return models
- Conducting return sensitivity analysis for individual loans and portfolios
- Assisting in the development and implementation of financial models to study the feasibility of new businesses and investment opportunities
- Assisting ongoing monitoring of primary and secondary CMBS/CRE CLO market activity
- Providing support for periodic securitizations
- Providing analytical support and market data research and analysis
- Conducting multi-scenario and risk management analysis and presenting model results to senior management
- Collaborating with internal and external resources across legal, accounting, & third-party service providers
- Assessing risks, costs, and benefits of various capital and funding structures
- Providing senior management with other analytical support
In addition, the candidate will also have an opportunity to work closely with senior management team on modeling, evaluating, and researching strategic investment and capital structure ideas.
PRIME FINANCE was founded in 2008 and has grown to be one of the nation’s premier private real estate lending organizations. Over the years, Prime Finance has originated over 450 loans totaling over $12 billion on commercial properties in the US. Prime lends on a broad range of property types including office, apartment, hospitality, industrial, retail, and student housing. Prime Finance also invests in subordinated CMBS securities referred to as B-Pieces. Our loan and investment originations teams are located in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Investors in the funds the firm manages include many leading public and private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
At Prime Finance, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. Prime Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
LocationNew York, NY