Capital Markets Associate
Prime Finance is looking to add an Associate to its growing Capital Markets team in our New York office. We are targeting candidates with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience including securitization, warehouse financing, capital markets, real estate loan structuring, and/or underwriting;
- Prior experience at a rating agency, lending platform with capital markets function, real estate banking, and/or other relevant securitization position required;
- Familiarity with mortgage loan structures, credit facility documentation, and/or securitization structures (CMBS and CLO preferred but not required);
- Strong commercial real estate credit skills;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision;
- Strong organizational, presentation, and written skills;
- Authorization to work in the U.S.;
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test;
- Depending on CDC guidelines and mandates, the company may require attestation of COVID-19 vaccination.
Join Prime Finance’s Capital Markets team, which is responsible for the sourcing, negotiating, and structuring of financing across all of the firm’s investments. The candidate will support all of Prime’s capital markets and financing related activity across the platform’s commercial real estate bridge lending and special situations programs, with an emphasis on our securitization transactions and acting as a liaison among rating agencies, warehouse lenders, financing partners, bond investors, and internal groups, including originations teams, asset management, accounting, and legal.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Assisting/coordinating periodic securitizations including managing rating agency discussions, third party diligence, termsheet/marketing preparation, transaction documentation, investor presentations, and other ancillary deal counterparties;
- Leading asset level discussions with lending partners including initial loan boarding and ongoing asset management;
- Facilitating servicing requests, future fundings, and subsequent inclusion of such advances in applicable financing arrangements for such loans;
- On-going risk management and liquidity management of the Funds’ balance sheets;
- Maintaining detailed information on facility utilization, lender/investor feedback, asset surveillance, and monitoring facility covenants;
- Assisting in loan pricing and financing optimization strategies;
- Assisting in the evaluation and structuring of new financing structures;
PRIME FINANCE was founded in 2008 and has grown to be one of the nation’s premier private real estate lending organizations. Over the years, Prime Finance has originated over 450 loans totaling over $12 billion on commercial properties in the US. Prime lends on a broad range of property types including office, apartment, hospitality, industrial, retail, and student housing. Prime Finance also invests in subordinated CMBS securities referred to as B-Pieces. Our loan and investment originations teams are located in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Investors in the funds the firm manages include many leading public and private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
At Prime Finance, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. Prime Finance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
LocationNew York, NY