Analyst, Special Situations
Prime Finance is looking to add an Associate to the newly formed Special Situations team in our Chicago office. The position will be responsible for supporting the Head of Special Situations and senior team members with all aspects of Prime’s Special Situations investment process with a primary focus on research, analysis, and underwriting of various CRE related investment opportunities, and participation in the due diligence, closing, and management of Special Situations investments made by Prime. Special Situations investments are expected to include, but not be limited to, acquiring non-performing and sub-performing commercial real estate debt, providing rescue capital in distressed and dislocated scenarios as well as acquiring and operating underperforming REO.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience, including real estate, finance, underwriting, asset management
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA)
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Argus)
- Familiarity with multiple property types such as office, multifamily, retail and lodging
- Proficiency utilizing industry research resources and collecting and organizing key data;
- Organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude and team player
- Authorization to work in the U.S
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test
- Support team members with all aspects of investment opportunity review, research, analysis, due diligence, closing and asset management/business plan execution.
- Model property cash flows overlayed with various leverage structures to evaluate investment opportunities
- Research competitive properties and real estate markets to provide asset performance projections based on market conditions, including potential site visits
- Support the development and maintenance of a tracking system to monitor the opportunity pipeline.
- Support and coordinate with third-party vendors on due diligence, data collection, and credit/underwriting review;
- Assist Head of Special Situations and senior team members in preparation for and conducting of investment committee presentations and other periodic portfolio reviews.
- Support asset management functions with ongoing research, analysis, and business plan execution.
- Support interactions with Legal, Capital Markets, Accounting and Compliance as needed;
- Interface with external parties including vendors, brokers, partners, and counterparties.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Prime Finance is a private commercial real estate finance company with discretionary capital which directly originates mortgage, mezzanine, and preferred equity financing which also acquires performing, sub-performing and distressed debt. The firm also invests in high yield CMBS and related structured products. Since our inception in 2008, we have invested in over $45 Billion of underlying CRE Debt positions across 500+ investments backed by 4,500+ properties. Our loan and investment origination teams are located in New York, Chicago and San Francisco. Investors in the firm include many leading public and private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth investors. The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
At Prime Finance, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. Prime Finance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.