Last Updated: 1.1.2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DATA RETENTION
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Personal information has the meaning as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) (collectively, “California Privacy Laws”). Personal information is typically data that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. This includes information you provide to us, information which is collected about you automatically, and information we obtain from third parties.
We may collect certain personal information about you when you browse our Careers site, submit a job application to one of our open positions, or when we consider you for employment. Listed below are the categories of personal information that Prime may process about Applicants:
- Identifiers, such as your first and last name, alias, postal address, email address, phone number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other identifying information, such as physical characteristics or description, date of birth or signature.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status but only to the extent voluntarily disclosed by Applicants.
- Professional or employment-related information, including education history, work history, degree earned, certifications, and any other information provided in your CV, resume, and transcripts; your right to work documentation; references; any information provided during your interview or application; or background check information when permitted by applicable law, such as the results of the background check in connection with your employment with us like your criminal records and credit history.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above, such as applicant profile or preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect much of the personal information described above directly from you through application forms, resumes, or CVs you submit to us, as well as official documentations you provide to us. We also collect certain information from third parties, such as employment agencies (such as recruiters and headhunters) and former employers when gathering references, and service providers that collect it on our behalf, such as job posting board provider. Additionally, we may collect personal information about you through background check and credit reference agencies when permitted or required by law. Finally, we may gather information from your public social media profile to complement the personal information you have provided.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package
- Identify whether you already visited our careers websites
- Store information about your preferences (e.g., cookie consent)
- To recognize when you return to our Careers websites
Cookies. When you visit our careers websites, we (or third-party data or ad networks we work with) may send one or more “cookies” to your computer or other devices. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers stored on your computer through your web browser and are used by most websites to help personalize your web experience. Some cookies may facilitate additional site features for enhanced performance and functionality such as remembering preferences, analyzing usage for site optimization, allowing third parties to provide social sharing tools, and serving images or videos from third-party websites. Some features on our Careers websites will not function if you do not allow cookies.
Managing Cookies. You have the right to decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you may exercise your preference by modifying your web browser setting to either (1) refuse some or all cookies or (2) notify you and ask for your permission when a website tries to set a cookie. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari Desktop, Safari Mobile; and Android browser. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use our careers websites, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected. If you want to exercise your rights regarding personal information collected via cookies and similar tracking technologies, please see “Your Privacy Rights” section below.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the categories of personal information listed above for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We use your information to:
- evaluate you in connection with your selected job opening and/or for available positions;
- evaluate and verify your experience and qualifications in relation to specific job requirements;
- contact you regarding your application and possible employment opportunities;
- conduct lawful background screening;
- make decisions about who to offer employment to;
- make decisions about salary and other benefits;
- carry out our human resources functions and activities;
- measure activities and main functionality of our careers websites
- to comply with our legal obligations, including:
- carrying out checks in relation to your right to work;
- equal opportunities monitoring;
- determining reasonable adjustments
- make reasonable adjustments for disabled employees;
- to allow us to carry out our legitimate business interests, such as business planning and restructuring exercises, except where such interests are overridden by your interests in not having your personal information processed;
- to make improvements to our employment practices including improving diversity; and
- to protect your interests.
We take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who require access to perform their tasks and duties, and to share only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- With Prime Employees. Your personal information will be shared with Prime employees where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties with respect to your potential employment, such as to interview you.
- Within Our Corporate Group. We may share your personal information with other Prime entities as may be necessary to administer our relationship with you or operate our business.
- With Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our contractors, vendors, and service providers that assist us with administering the employment or working relationship with you and/or provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, service providers may include, but are not limited to, job posting board providers, recruitment agencies, data storage or hosting providers, marketing/events agencies, and credit and criminal background check companies (when this is our legal obligation or necessary for our legitimate interest).
- With Other Third Parties. We may share certain personal information with third parties who provide professional services (such as attorneys, auditors, accountants, and management consultants, and medical service providers), professional bodies, and regulatory authorities in the normal course of business.
- Legal or Regulatory Requests and Investigations. We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances (i) to comply with relevant laws or regulations, to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, such as a subpoena, warrant, court order, or government audit; (ii) in response to lawful requests by public authorities (such as national security or law enforcement); and (iii) as necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation (such as adverse parties in litigation). We may also need to share your personal information with tax authorities, courts, regulators, the police, and other governmental authorities where we are required or permitted to do so by law in jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Protection of the Company or Others. We may share your personal information where necessary to protect Prime, including to investigate, prevent, or take actions regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Disclosures with Your Consent. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes not listed in this privacy notice. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect, use or disclose your personal data, and, where required, obtain your consent for doing so.
As a California resident, subject to certain exceptions, you may be able to assert certain rights related to your personal information as identified below. Please note that your rights with regard to your personal information are not absolute. We may deny your request: (a) when denial of the request is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting the request would have a negative impact on another’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
- Right to Know. You may have the right to obtain a copy, or a list of categories of the personal information that we hold about you, as well as other supplementary information, such as the purposes of processing, and the entities to whom we disclose your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You may request us to rectify, correct or update any of your personal information held by us that is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you. This right is not absolute, and we may refuse your right to delete if it is reasonably necessary for us to provide a service requested by you; to perform a contract between us; to maintain functionality and ensure security of our systems; to enable solely expected internal uses of your personal information; to exercise a right provided by law; or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Portability. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format so that you can provide that personal information to another entity.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. “Sale” is the transfer of personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, as defined under California Privacy Laws. In the preceding 12 months, Prime did not share Applicant’s personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Right to Opt Out of Targeted Advertising. You may have the right to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information to third parties for behavioral advertising purposes. You have the right to direct us not to share or use your personal information for targeted advertising purposes. In the preceding 12 months, Prime did not share Applicant’s personal information to third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes.
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Prime does not make any decisions that will have a significant impact on you solely on the basis of automated decision making, and does not process any personal information that it collects from you to infer characteristics about you.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via another method identified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. In your request, please make clear which right you would like to exercise. Before fulfilling your request, we are required by law to have you to verify the personal information we already have on file to confirm your identity. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
If you use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf, we will require you to directly verify your identity with us, or have you directly confirm with us that the authorized agent has been authorized to act on your behalf.
We understand how important your privacy is. Prime maintains (and contractually requires third parties we share your information with to maintain) appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. Furthermore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS, since we have no way of protecting that information once it leaves and until it reaches us. If you have reason to believe that your data is no longer secure, please contact us using the contact information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we endeavor to retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as required by law or to satisfy any legal or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider applicable legal requirements, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, and the purposes for which we process your personal information.